Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2009 CCSB Victory Red with Light Titanium/Dark Titanium leather interior. I have had the truck for about 4 months and my seats are turning blue from dark colored blue jeans on the driver and passanger side. I called my dealer and they said that they had never seen that but they would take care of me on it by either removing the stain (which they wont be able to do) or recover the seats. My question to you all is would Black leather seats look good or dumb in my grey interior truck, I know that if they put grey back in it it will do the same thing a short time after recovering them. If anyone has done this post pics please.

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone ever seen the blue seat issue or know of any cures for it?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
That is a new one to me. My dumb ass bought a truck with tan interior and I am a heavy equipment mechanic so mine turns black LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I know what you're talking about. Mine have a slight blueish tint to them too. Not sure what you can do about it, but maybe a professional detail shop could clean it out a little, IDK. I think black would look awfully tacky, but never know until you see it for sure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Blacks seats or Hatchie Bottom seat covers......

·
Registered
20,594 Posts
That is a new one to me. My dumb ass bought a truck with tan interior and I am a heavy equipment mechanic so mine turns black LOL.
same hear man. my seats turn black with in a few months. **** and span and HOT water with alot of elbow grease!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
mr cleaner sponges....from walmart or dollar store..

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You mean the magic erasers? Hmm... never tried those on seats. They work magic on most everything else though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
yes sir..i use it on everything...it works wanders on tar from tires and bugs on the front...i use the sponge and windex to remove water spots on paint...its also great on black plastic it gets al the dirt out and makes it look brand new..better then armor all you just dont get the shine..lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah have the bluish tint from time to time on mine as well... just take a magic eraser and leather conditioner then all is good as new... i found out mine are worst in colder months when using the seat heaters

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I will try the magic eraser and hope that works. I wont buy anything but black from now on thats for sure. I still might photoshop my interior with black seats and black steering wheel. Maybe even photoshop my wood grain black. May look good, may look terrible.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well gm makes and sells seat (vinyl, with bowties on the front head restraint covers)covers for the gmt 900. I have leather seats, black and I bought the seat covers to protect my seats just for keeping them clean and reduce the surface wear on the leather.
They are easy to install too me any my wife about an hour or so to do the front and back seats, GM directions are kinda poor, but if you take a few mins to see what you have you will figure it out.
So get the seats cleaned / repaired and then get some seat covers.
You then can take the covers off when you want and clean them and still have clean seats below.

Mine seem to be working ok so far. And on a quick glance people can not tell the covers are not leather.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
yes sir..i use it on everything...it works wanders on tar from tires and bugs on the front...i use the sponge and windex to remove water spots on paint...its also great on black plastic it gets al the dirt out and makes it look brand new..better then armor all you just dont get the shine..lol
off topic but as far as waterspots, if you do a 50/50 mix of distilled white vineger and distilled water it takes waterspots right off no problem, and a gallon jug of each will be just as much as windex and you get TONS more of it. Just some gee whiz info, can use vinegar for ALOT of stuff, and the hippies will be happy because it's a "green" alternative

1 - 14 of 14 Posts