Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Just picked up a new 2019 Chevy 2500 crew cab standard bed. I had a GMC 2500 gasser but it struggled to pull my toy hauler RV in hilly terrain. This is my first Diesel. I have 3 free services at the dealer so I think I'm good with that for a while. I do have a question-Should I avoid any particular brand fuel stations? I heard some of the bigger truck stops have contamined fuel. Also, should I warm the truck up in the winter?
Thanks, Matt

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your truck.

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi All. Just picked up a new 2019 Chevy 2500 crew cab standard bed. I had a GMC 2500 gasser but it struggled to pull my toy hauler RV in hilly terrain. This is my first Diesel. I have 3 free services at the dealer so I think I'm good with that for a while. I do have a question-Should I avoid any particular brand fuel stations? I heard some of the bigger truck stops have contamined fuel. Also, should I warm the truck up in the winter?
Thanks, Matt
Welcome - I'm not sure if there is a particular brand of fuel that should be ignored, everyone has an option on this but I think most will agree to buy from a station that has a higher volume of sales so you don't end up with old fuel. As for warming it up, I like to drive a warm truck so I usually plug it in when the temperature is below -10C or about 15 F. Did your truck come with the block heater recall fixed, or is the cord cut? I recently had mine replaced. On another note I have read posts where they say the block heater only works when it is below 0F, the one I had worked anytime I plugged it in and the replacement one is the same (I can hear it heating the coolant)…

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts