Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new system installed... JL audio 6 1/2 door speakers, two 10 inch subs in a box behind the rear seats and a 5 channel JL amp that runs all 6 speakers.. All i can say is DANG!! I love my truck even more now!

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Nice man, JL makes some kick ass quality stuff.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...ive had systems before like kenwood, kicker, sony xplode, etc.. And none compare to this.. Not even close. I can crank every song and its just crisp clean clear awesomeness.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Where did you get your JLs from? I am looking to do mine. What model 6.5 did you go with?

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A local store called Park Audio. And i'm not sure the model, but for one set, like fronts it was around 140-160 if I"m correct.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What kind of box for behind the seat and how much?

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im pretty much worthless here, but they ordered the box from one of their suppliers...not sure the brand... Just know it fits two 10s and fits perfectly behind the seat.

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly just went to the store...said I wanted my door speakers and subs powered by an amp...they showed me the 5 channel, brought out two boxes with 6 1/2's and said how much it would all cost and I said go for it.. I didn't look at models of the speakers...they just said they were their mid-grade door speakers.. and my god do they sound amazing!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We close on our house on Oct. 6th... so anytime after that you'll have to let me know when you are not working and I can come down with the exhaust parts and we can get our truck on!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I am disappointed there wasn't a poll about what kind of system to get.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With a system I know what I wanted.... everything else I'm just confused about! Still can't decide if I want to color match the truck or not...it's killing me.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I say make another poll about it :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
What are the 10's??? I have some shallow mount tens in a box behind the seat and not really happy with them. I know I shouldnt expect the world outta them but people have told me the shallows really dont put the thump out like regular speakers do. I can mount roughly 6.5-7 deep

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I've got the Kicker comp vt (just one) with a 400 watt amp and it hits extremely hard
CompVT | KICKER

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they are just kicker comp 10" subs.. no shallow mount, just got a box that fits behind the seat and also fits them. I honestly couldn't imagine anything hitting harder, I can feel the crap in my chest every time it hits.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I need some pics I may need to re-do my setup cause mine just sounds like a glorified bose system

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll try to remember to snap some.. I've had many different systems over the years and none have sounded this good... But then again the amp I got was about 550.00 and it was a leftover from last year... they were selling it for about 900 bones originally... it def. sounds better than any other amp I used.. it has more switches, knobs, dials, etc.. than anything I've ever seen before..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts