Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin for a set of tires to out on my stock wheels for winter and work season. id like to go with 285s but not sure which ones are the best all around tire for snow and mud. im part owner of an excavating company, and work part time on a farm for extra money, and am also doing snow removal this year, not with my truck but requires gettin truck back to the equipment to fuel it up. i need something that will clear the snow well and be able to help get through wet fields. ive been looking at trail grapplers, bfg mud terrain km2s, and coopper stt. any other suggestions or good or bad experiences with these tires?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Toyos buut your going to pay for them...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am a huge fan of the BF Goodrich Mud Terrains (KM2) Excellent in the mud and snow, and they last a long time and wear very well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would personally recommend BFG Allterrain T/A KO's. They clean out really well and are great in snow. A few of my buddys plow snow with Mastercrafts all terrain tire also. IMO stay away from an aggressive mud tread for a winter tire. You want as much surface contact on the road as possible in icy conditions. I ran pro-comps xtreme mud terrain for 1 winter. And they were awful. Hope this jibberish helps lol

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Id say Michelin A/T2 or BFG Allterrain T/A KO.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was looking quite a bit at the toyos too, but you def pay for them and people keep telling me that some of the other mud tires are almost as good and will save me several hundred dollars. i have terre grapplers on my aftermarket wheels which are also good but dont want to run my good wheels in winter. i do like bfg allterrains, but wasnt sure how they would clean out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the bfg's at right now and it's awful. Loud, balloony, and dry rotting so bad it looks like the tred is going to come off, they can throw some rocks too

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey Flyin Monkey, Off of the subject here, What is an Anti-poon interior?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
i am looking for new tires as well. will go with a 285 on stock wheels. probably going to try the cooper stt because i can get them for about 990 mounted/balanced. currently have the mickey thompson mtz and they were great just cant afford these again.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey Flyin Monkey, Off of the subject here, What is an Anti-poon interior?
Haha I have the center console, makes it harder to getsum. With out moving to the back seat that is!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Haha I have the center console, makes it harder to getsum. With out moving to the back seat that is!
That's funny! I can't believe that I have never heard that before. Note to self: Bench seat=Poon!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I would get BFG A/T They have excellent grip onroad and off. And will outlast any other tire as far a mileage/grip.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I dont run in the mud but the best tire I had in the last blizzard was The Michelin ms2, They did WAY better than the Nitto terra grappler, even in the rain

·
Registered
327 Posts
Another thing with the Nittos, Ive heard a lot of guys complaining they wear fast. Just something to think about. They are a popular tire though

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's funny! I can't believe that I have never heard that before. Note to self: Bench seat=Poon!
Haha yeah got it from my buddies at the diesel tech school in upstate new York. I sware I got more ass in my reg. Cab yoda then I do in my crew cab dmax haha

Sorry guys I'll stop de railin this thred!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I really like the Goodyear Wrangler Slient Armour (NOT armour trac). My family and I have them on all 3 trucks, including our plow truck. Very similar tread to the BFG A/T, but made with Kevlar.. Unlike the BFG, the Goodyear doesnt wear super fast on gravel (I live on a gravel road).. Great tire.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dont know if you bought new tires yet but i would check out the goodyear duratracs for a good tire in the snow and something that is aggressive in the mud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts