Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Still new here, but I am getting started looking for new tires for my '02. I do more highway driving than anything, but still like the aggressive look. I don't think I want a set of BFG A/Ts, but I don't want to go the other extreme of Mich LTX. Found the Nitto Grappler, but not real sure of it. I want good return on my money, but also don't want to spend a whole lot either. you know, I want my cake and eat it too. What is everybody here running or would recomend.
Thanks, HEEP

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
From what I read on other forums, Nittos are good, but they may wear out fast if you tow a lot. I am running BFGs and love them. I only have about 18000 miles on them and they are just now showing wear. Although, about 6-8 months of my year is driven on snow and ice. The bridgestone dueler revos are pretty nice. I believe they have a 50,000 mile warranty on them. I had them on my other truck (1500 silverado). Many people in alaska run the Cooper Discoverer ATs and get good results. These are people that travel the Haul road with little or no problems.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
From all the different tires ive run i still have had the best luck with cooper tires!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Toyo Open Country

Look at the Toyo Open Country, I have the 265/75/R16 and they have held up well here in Alaska's extreme climate since I put them on in September and had them siped as well. No problems driving in the cold or on ice and snow in 4 wheel drive. They say they are a 40,000 plus mile tires.

Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out the Cooper Discoverer S/T. They wear remarkably well on the highway. I've run them for over a decade on many different trucks, from rangers to suburbans.

-Chuck

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo is the best all around tire I've found. They do have a 50,000 mile warranty. Had 35.000 on set on my 96 F350 4x4 I just sold, and they were about half wore out. The Firestone Destination M/T ran for about 43,000, towing about half of the time on the same truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just bought Mastercraft Courser CT's and love them put them on halfway through pushing snow and they were great. I also liked my BFG AT's hard tire good wear, reasonable price. the coursers were like 630.00 not bad i didnt think we'll see how long they last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts