Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

Been a long time since I've been on here and posted. I even had to change my user name cause I couldn't figure out how to make my old one work.

Anyways, I 've got a 2006 2500 silverado, 16" wheels w 265/75 KO2's on it. Bone stock other than the slightly larger tires than stock. I bought it new in Aug of 2005, it lives in a garage and is babied, I love it. I drive a 1998 camry to work so i can keep miles off of it.

I've gone with BFG AT's the last three sets of tires. I need new tires, and i am looking for two things:

1) best way to get 285's on factory 16" wheels without messing the driveline/tie rod angles, etc up. I thought about just turning the factory torsion bars as little as possible?
2) Any suggestions on AT's that work well and look good. I like the KO2s and may go w them again but I am the type that can tend to get into a rut and dont' want to just go that route without checking w you guys to see what you think.

Clint from KY

·
Registered
29 Posts
285’s might fit without anything. If not you can turn your keys, but it will stiffen the ride. The only other option would be a leveling kit. I am not a big fan of them if you tow much.
Lastly, I also like the BF Goodrich tires. They just do not seems to do great on these heavy trucks. I have heard good things about the DT (different tread) tires. You might look at the Toyo or the Bridgestones. They seem like a good AT for a heavy truck from what I have read.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I have definitely not been getting anywhere near the mileage on the BFG's that I'd like to see.

I hadn't heard about the DT tires until now though. I just read that they are offering a 50k warranty w them, which is great. The mileage is I got from this last set of KO2's was not the greatest.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Clint, I put 285's on my truck and I did have to trim a little of the inner fender well and raise the torsion bars a little. I am on my second set of Cooper Discovery AT. My first set got 75,000 miles on them. This set currently has 40k on them I really like them but they are a little noisy on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts