Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been a Ford man but after doing my homework I decided on buying a Duramax. It is a bone stock 2009 extended cab LT 2500HD. I got deployed a couple of days after buying it but hope to get home at the first of October. I have been looking at what to upgrade but don't want to void the warranty. Maybe a air filter and muffler delete and flash chip. I just don't need to get to crazy. Any input would be appreciated and love the site.

Scott :gearjamin

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
welcome to the forum

filter and muffler delete are usless and chip will void warranty

·
Registered
503 Posts
X2 ^^^. Any chip/ programer will void your warranty. I'm giving up waiting on my to run out. Just ordered 5" turbo back and EFI live.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome and be safe wherever you are downrange at. At least it's a short deployment if you will be back by October. Crap i always got the long ones, LOL.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Welcome aboard Man. You cannot do much of anything performance wise without voiding the warranty. There are many LMMs here on site running DPF free without any problems. Mine has been that way for about 40k.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Welcome! I've put about 10,000 miles on since deleting the DPF. As long as the truck has been taken care of there should be no problems! I highly suggest doing it, the experience is ten times better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have read a lot about the DPF delete and EFIlive. I understand what the DPF does and how it could kill power but the EFI live I don't understand. I have been to there web site and there really isn't much there. Is it a flash to the computer? Might just drive for a while and take my time on the upgrades.
Yes, it a short deployment. I'm old now so I train guys on how to keep there ass alive for a year. I have 23.5 years in and will retire in 1.5 and can't wait. Thanks for all the hello's and info.

Scott

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service !!!! Like stated above, the stock air filter system flows fine, an aftermarket one would just give you looks, no noticeable power or mpg gains. If you want to keep your warranty you have to pretty much leave it stock. There are many LMM trucks that are modified though, and have had minimal problems. All up to you whether to keep it or not..

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts