Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a completely stock 03 and dont really need the extra power. just want to blow a little smoke here and there. i was wondering what all is needed to be done to be safe and not tear up the truck but still get enough power to blow smoke. i dont want to be harsh on the truck. like adding a programmer, will that heat up to much and need an intake and exaust or what all is needed for each upgrade to still keep the truck safe. thanks for any help. also i was wondering what some of your gas milages did adding certain things. +or- for this or that. thanks

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
we have sevaral Duramax's in the family and all of us gained an average 2 to 3 mpg over stock and one of the firsts things on your list is a Turbo Back exhaust and a drop in air filter from AFE,Volant,Amsoil or S&B and then do a programmer and the best for the dollar is the Diablo Predator but the best is the PPE Economy Xcelerator.i wouldn't run more then 90 extra hp on your stock tranny if you want a long life for it and if you tow any weight drop it down to 70hp and belowe..good luck
ps black smoke is unburnt fuel but i love to see it..

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can blow smoke without much trouble. The only thing I have "extra" right now is an Edge w/ Attitude. You can jump up to the first level on the box, and set the Low Boost Fueling up to the highest setting. And you will have enough smoke to piss off that Civic next to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts