Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all the DF members! I am new to diesels and have a line on an 07 Silverado 2500 HD ext cab. It has just over 100K on the odometer almost all highway miles up and down the east coast highways. Anything I should look for or be concerned about when I go look at the truck? It's supposed to be in Excellent condition and looks new ( my dad knows the current owner). Ballpark price range?

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
price is hard to say without seeing it, touching git feeling it. mods, maintenance records and so on,

Look for leaks, look for evidence of past leaks, check all fluid. It is at 100k, if you buy I would change all the fluid, all!

Check around the turbo for evidence of leaks, egr, intake and valve covers.

If you can get there early, tell the owner to no start it up in the morning and the truck has sat over nite, open the hood and squeeze the upper radiator hose, if it is soft, no HG issues likely. Then start it up cold, see how smooth it idles and if there is excessive white smoke.

I would not be worried about the miles, at all.

Oh ya, and welcome to the forum!

·
WOOD... man!
4,201 Posts
price is hard to say without seeing it, touching git feeling it. mods, maintenance records and so on,

Look for leaks, look for evidence of past leaks, check all fluid. It is at 100k, if you buy I would change all the fluid, all!

Check around the turbo for evidence of leaks, egr, intake and valve covers.

If you can get there early, tell the owner to no start it up in the morning and the truck has sat over nite, open the hood and squeeze the upper radiator hose, if it is soft, no HG issues likely. Then start it up cold, see how smooth it idles and if there is excessive white smoke.

I would not be worried about the miles, at all.

Oh ya, and welcome to the forum!
^^^ This

If you can get more info/photos on the truck, post them up. The members here can help pick it apart and give better suggestions.

Welcome and good luck with the purchase :drink

·
Premium Member
10,425 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
5,483 Posts