Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New to Diesels in So Cal

2K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  christyle 
#1 ·
Hey there, my name's Chris. Just got an 05 LLY CCSB. Spending a lot on maintenance items right now, with a couple goodies thrown in. I'll be using my truck to tow an off road crawler and DD duty on weekends. Stepped up from an overtaxed Nissan Titan.

I'm having a little buyer's remorse with the amount of maintenance I'm doing on a new to me truck, but thats the way it goes sometimes I guess. Hopefully I get it all tightened up and tuned up. It feels really sluggish off the line as it is, but pulls hard once I hit second. Anyway, thanks for providing me with another way to find out how to spend my money!

#2 ·
You shouldn't have buyers remorse from doing maintenance. If you think you aren't going to like it, sell it. These trucks require some major maintenance over a gasser and parts are more expensive. It will feel sluggish until 2nd when its stock. Mine was like that when I first got it. Welcome and enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I don't mind maintenance, I was just hoping I wouldn't need to do this much right off the bat. That and a few other things just make me wish I had gotten a little cleaner duramax. No big deal, it's only money! Haha.

I'm getting a tuner soon so hopefully that will wake it up to meet my expectations haha

#6 ·
PM MrManners to get some of the best efi tuning available from Kory Willis

#7 ·
#8 ·
:welcome

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum!

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum!

#11 ·
I think that's the year the intake and turbo inlet or something like that needs to be uncorked or replaced with LBZ stuff . I'm sure some one will chime in and give you the details on what I'm talking about .. And don't worry your gonna love that truck once you get it dialed in you'll wonder why you waited so long to get one

#12 ·
#13 ·
Welcome to the forum

#14 ·
I'll be getting an LBZ mouthpiece soon. Just spent a ton on maintenance stuff (full steering, brakes, tranny flush, fuel filter, etc) so i'll be doing it soon. It has a K&N intake on it that I hear I should be getting rid of, and not just because of the oiled filter, something about a smaller diameter tube speeding air flow and fooling the mass air sensor?

#17 ·
Well, got a Quadzilla Stealth 2 for cheap to try out until I get some proper tuning, and MAN! 135hp DEFINITELY woke it up off the line, and then once the turbo spools its insane. Welcome to diesel tuning! haha.

Got the MAF code again last night, need to find a stock intake now to replace my K&N...

#18 ·
I would be carful with that tune if you want that tranny to last.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#22 ·
I think that's an issue we all try and avoid, trying to find duramax you like for the right price that doesn't require any fixing up when you get it... I shopped around for like 4 months no joke finally found one 3 hours away at a Chevy dealer ship.. Funny thing is they didn't rape me on it... Bought it with 126xxx on it runs perfect... But it's the luck of the drawl I guess. I was willing to do some work on it I just didn't want my wife getting poised of that we got ripped off didn't want a " I told you so" hope it all works out for ya

#26 ·
Knowing these have issues with 5th gear, you shouldn't give it a chance to slip. Turn off O/D and don't let it change into 5th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.