Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had several gas trucks. Mostly Chevy's and been very happy. Looking for something that will have more longevity, power, and a little more fun. So obvious choice was to go diesel. Been looking used as I don't have 50k to spend on one right now. Seen a lot of 04-05 2500's in my price and mileage range. Any recomendations? LLY or the LBZ? Will be used mostly for daily driving with not too much towing initially. Have to finish the rock buggy, and jeep first. So even when towing won't be a lack of power issue. Also wondering what kind of mileage everyone is getting? My last daily driver was also a trail rig on 40's so i was looking at gallons per mile. Thanks for the info in advance, appreciate all the input.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
on 05 LLY dually stock i was getting 15.6 as a highway average but around town it would drop to 13 to 14 mpg runnin empty and with some weight well it wasn't good...on my 06 LBZ 2500HD stock i would hang around 18 to 19 mpg all highway and towing it would drop down to 14mpg..you can see what i've done to both trucks in my sig,and my best yet was 23 all highway on both trucks...i like the the way the 06 LBZ tranny handles loads if i was to buy another truck in these years i would go with the 06 LBZ 6 speed atuo....good luck on your new purchase

1 - 2 of 2 Posts