Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from College Station, TX. I am currently the owner of a 2004 Ford F-250 with a 6.0 PSD and looking into a chevy silverado with a 6.6. I've had my 6.0 for two years now and the problems it's been giving me is convincing me to switch to a Chevy. Of course I know there's no engine that's absolutely perfect and problem free, but i'd like somebody to give me the lowdown and how it compares to other diesel pickups. For example, things like what to watch out for, any issues, the good, the bad and what I can expect from having a truck like this.

(Btw, I believe my rambling belongs elsewhere in the forum though. Somebody let me know if this is the case :eek:)

Thanks...

-John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and yeah I read there were like 4 or 5 versions of the Duramax which came out as time went on, i'll look into these.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Vendor
10,956 Posts
Welcome to the forum. For the most part they are all good. The hiccup in that statement is the LB7 that is prone to injector issues. Like Dura pointed out the LBZ and LMM are both great. I have an 06 LLY and an LBZ and they have both been rock solid for me.

Buy the newest truck you can afford.

Take care,

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF !

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
you will love the duramax once you switch! i have the lmm with over a 100,000 miles on it and i love it. good luck!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like what I'm hearing guys sounds promising. Actually found a nice GMC in my area, we'll see how it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts