Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Law and Justice

I really don't know what I want to do honestly.. I originally wanted to become a lawyer or a paralegal, then I interned at a law office and I didn't really like it.. So I dont really know what I'm gonna do yet.. Just applying to jobs that sound remotely interesting
Oh nice, ya i have a buddy that was gonna be a lawyer but after 2 years of school he hated it! Id say i would keep an eye out for somethin over here on my side but i imagine you dont wanna leave the east side, i wouldnt haha but my career is on this side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
North Bend wouldn't be that bad... but I definitely would not want to move near Seattle...

I've considered law enforcement or animal control... but IDK haha. I like the Spokane/CDA area so I've been applying around there as well... and shoot, I've even applied for a few jobs in Texas.. wouldn't mind moving south! lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
welcome to the forum and nice truck, did you pick that up at Ellensburg chevy?
I miss E-burg. 4 years that I didnt want to end. I was also a law and justice major, graduated in 2009. I ended up searching for a year to find a decent job and finally got hired as nuclear security(hanford) Still not what I want to do but closer. Good luck on the job hunt and enjoy eburg. I am only a short drive away in the tri cities!

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
North Bend wouldn't be that bad... but I definitely would not want to move near Seattle...

I've considered law enforcement or animal control... but IDK haha. I like the Spokane/CDA area so I've been applying around there as well... and shoot, I've even applied for a few jobs in Texas.. wouldn't mind moving south! lol
Border Patrol is always hiring!!!! There are stations in Spokane, Curlew, and several other places up there. May or may not be your thing but it pays well and you can't beat being outside all day playing cat and mouse. I've got a buddy in Curlew and and another buddy here in TX with me that is from Deer Park/Spokane area.

Welcome to the Forum!:drink

·
Save Water, Drink Beer
1,102 Posts
Welcome Glad to see you switched.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
welcome to the forum and nice truck, did you pick that up at Ellensburg chevy?
I miss E-burg. 4 years that I didnt want to end. I was also a law and justice major, graduated in 2009. I ended up searching for a year to find a decent job and finally got hired as nuclear security(hanford) Still not what I want to do but closer. Good luck on the job hunt and enjoy eburg. I am only a short drive away in the tri cities!
Actually we got the truck in La Grande, OR at the Legacy Ford dealer LOL
Ah I am in Tri-Cities right now visiting my folks actually, but yeah Eburg kind of sucks you in! It's a great town. I graduated in 2011 :)
Nice! I tried looking for a security position at Hanford, but have yet to see anything open? If you hear of or know of something, let me know! :D Seriously!

Border Patrol is always hiring!!!! There are stations in Spokane, Curlew, and several other places up there. May or may not be your thing but it pays well and you can't beat being outside all day playing cat and mouse. I've got a buddy in Curlew and and another buddy here in TX with me that is from Deer Park/Spokane area.

Welcome to the Forum!:drink
haha funny you mentioned that. I did apply to Border Patrol, but then ended up canceling my application because there were only positions in Texas and New Mexico left, and they were saying there would be times you would have to work alone, in the dark, and sometimes without cell/radio service.. IDK that kind of creeps me out! Crazyeye

·
Registered
134 Posts
haha funny you mentioned that. I did apply to Border Patrol, but then ended up canceling my application because there were only positions in Texas and New Mexico left, and they were saying there would be times you would have to work alone, in the dark, and sometimes without cell/radio service.. IDK that kind of creeps me out! Crazyeye[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Yes we work in the dark, alone (most of the time), and radio's are sketchy at best...BUT IT'S FUN AS HELL!!!!

I'm sure you already know this but if your looking for federal jobs check out usajobs.com

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

Ya that would be sweet, Plenty of opportunities over here for law enforcement and animal control!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Job

I would be leaning toward your Dad getting you a job overseas. Trust me I've been doing it for 10 years and the $'s typically will allow to buy the crew cab you originally wanted!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not to mention the time to play with it as most overseas jobs give you 6 months off a year!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
haha I would jump at the chance to get a job overseas just because of the money... I probably need to get my Masters in something though for them to even consider me.
But my dad has tried to get me in with his company, but he just doesn't have any ties back at home anymore because he has been overseas for a couple years now. :/

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys!
Plus I am still looking for jobs, especially in Spokane area, and they do emission testing there from what I've heard.
I DO know we are looking into getting better step rails (the ones we have now are cheapies!), possibly a backup camera (installed by dealer), and better tires(eventually).
Depends where ya live, I'm in Medical Lake like 3 mins outside Spokane and we have no emmission testing :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stepping stone to overseas is offshore oil in Santa Barbara. Especially for women. The problem there is the most strick emmision regs in the world for your truck.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Welcome! NICE TRUCK!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to DF! Nice truck, great color! Cool Horse too.:thumb

101 - 120 of 120 Posts