Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I see your point, but why go thru the hassle. Unless he has zero interest in a deleted truck, then I could see it being worthwhile.

Sounds like the OP ha dirty tunes. A few revisions, or a different tuner would clear his issues up I’m guessing.

I’d like to see a pic of the engine bay to see what all’s been done. If the egr is still there and hasn’t been unplugged, or doesn’t have blocker plates, the valve will/can blow open and it’ll smoke like a freight train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really have 0 intentions of having a stock exhaust. But there aren't any blocking plates in the egr and the sensors are plugged in. But i can unplug the sensors and the truck still operates the same without throwing any CEL. But if you want I can post engine bay pics

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
I really have 0 intentions of having a stock exhaust. But there aren't any blocking plates in the egr and the sensors are plugged in. But i can unplug the sensors and the truck still operates the same without throwing any CEL. But if you want I can post engine bay pics
My main question was about the egr. If it’s still there I’d slide some plates in there just to rule out that possibility, or delete it altogether.

Like I said earlier, I’m guessing a good tuner could clear that up. Could also check to make sure you don’t have any boost leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
The welds on the front (entrance side) of the DPF are NOT factory welds. You’ve got a gutted DPF to pass visual inspections wherever the truck came from. Id say get tunes of your own and get a real turbo back exhaust and get rid of that junk.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts