Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Rich, swapped from an 06 powerstroke that had ficm and egr trouble by 60,000 to an 06 LBZ with 79,000. Anything I should look out for in this motor or do for service now that I own it? Any suggestions on quick inexpensive MPG improvement? Also any tips on getting it ready for an 8.5 stainless x blade, front end seems a lot lower than Ford.
Thanks
Rich
2006 LBZ 3500 dually LT :cool:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Might I suggest doing an egr block/delete, and pcv reroute? Both longevity mods that are not very expensive. Also, a tune would improve your mpg's as well. I highly suggest EFI live, and there are several options as far as pricing goes. We have a separate forum section devoted to it here in case you are interested. If you want a cheap, no frills tuner, I would suggest a ppe unit. They are the best of the canned tuners, however a pre tuned efi live ecm w/dsp2 switch is way better any day of the week for around the same price.. just my 0.02

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Vendor
10,959 Posts
Welcome to DF. What nvrplzd said is right on; I also like the Edge Evo CTS as this unit will give you digital gauges and an optional backup camera if you so choose. If you are not sure of the service history, I would go through all the fluids/filters.

If I can ever be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome. Times 3 what nvrplzd said. Pcv reroute and egr blocker are the best for longevity. EFI is the way to go for tuners. Just look around and get a good tuner (person). There are a few good ones on here.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts