Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 92 3/4 ton 4x4 with the 6.5 Diesel. It only has 144k on it and is in pretty darned good shape for a Michigan truck. I've had to fix numerous little issues, but most have been fixed now with mostly time and a few bucks. The thing drives very well. I am planning to keep it 100% bone stock and will do my best to keep it clean and try to get many years use out of it. I'm a happy camper.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
nice find, good luck with her.
welcome to the forums ~

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. Good luck with the old girl. So you've done all the usual fixes? PMD relocated, etc?
Uh...I'm so new with the 6.5 that I don't even know where the PMD is located:grin2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok...I think I just figured out the PMD. My truck is a 92 with the mechanical injection pump. So, unless I'm missing something, this truck shouldn't have a PMD.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, just thought I'd update on my 92. When I bought it the OD was working intermittently. I wasn't all that concerned at the time. Then it quit working all together. So...after a new computer and throttle position sensor, all is back to normal. My wallet it just a little lighter. But I do like this truck for my beater. It's going to serve me well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally had the chance to take this new to me truck on a little longer drive this weekend. I now really like this old girl. Having the OD working correctly as well as the torque converter locking up when it's supposed to, I'm having a little trouble keeping her under 60. This truck is going to serve me well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had one with the 5 speed manual.
Really miss that truck.
Add a diy boost master and you'll get great mpg.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So, how ya makin' out, so far? Any new "issues"? I made a few changes to mine to boost power and fuel economy, but, am now having the heads replaced. I guess power mods on an engine with 302,k+ aren't really a great idea. We will see what happens with the new heads. I really like my '95, and am going to treat it as if it were my '57 chevy, in that, I will restore it a little at a time and not worry so much about the cost/value ratio. The bodies and frames on these mid- 90's trucks are stronger than anything out these days, and I have a long way to go before I will have spent as much as an '07 would cost me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far, the ole 92 is doing well. I've only put around 1000 miles on it this winter, mostly short 10, 15, & 20 mile runs. Overall I'm very pleased. Here in the next few weeks I'll even have a chance to hook her onto my gooseneck. The trailer weighs 9k empty, so it will be interesting to see how she pulls. I'll only be hauling 8-9 miles, so no hurry or worry.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thought I'd give an update on the Ole 92. She is doing well and I'm very pleased. Finally had a chance to put a load on her....I scaled 17,500 truck/goose combo at the scrap yard. It handled the load very well. I'll try to upload an updated pic with the PYO's on her.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts