Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sup fellas,

Just purchased a clean, clean (can't enphasise enough on how clean this truck is) 04 GMC Sierra Dually.:drink

Been reading for a couple of days now and have seen alot of abreviations like LLY and such. How do I know what truck i have? What about options? Do you guys have a thread were all the abreviations are explained. Sorry for the newb ?'s.

Anyway glad to be here. Im a member of basically every truck forum from GM fullsize to Texastruckscene.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the purchase.

LB7, LLY, LBZ, & LMM are just the designation for the different engines. GM has made 4 changes in the DMax since its introduction

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbie as well

I'm also new to the site and after reading my first post from Bolyard I think I'm going to need sub-titles! The only thing I really got is you have a Duramax (I'm quessing really but this is the Duramax forum) and you have an SLT. I have an '04 GMC 2500 Duramax SLE I bought it to tow a 5th wheeler (that I have not yet purchased). I did learn something though I have no idea if my Duramax is a LB7, LLY, LBZ, or LMM. How would I know? I did have a real newbie question though how often do you change the oil in the Duramax, what oil should I use 15/40? synthetic? Delvac? How many quarts does it take? Good to be here I've been wanting a Duramax for a long time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i found the RPO tag numbers in my glove box
I know I have a LLY, G80 but dont know what gear the GT4 code is!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well i found the RPO tag numbers in my glove box
I know I have a LLY, G80 but dont know what gear the GT4 code is!
The Duramax equipped Allisons only come with 3:73s factory.
That is also the corresponding RPO for the 3:73s, GT4

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks!

what was the 04 duramax rated at?

horsepower

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·