Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 02 3/4 4x4 hd with 274 000, doesn't smoke on start up. It has punky rockers but other than that not to bad, a dent in the rear quarter, he says its been matain regulaly the fluids are al clean and smell good drives nice alittle knock in the frt rt corner he's asking $6000 and is pretty set on the price any opions would be much appreciated. Btw this site is a rocks very imformative.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Seems like a fair price. Find out the history of injector replacement. LB7 engines are known to have issues. Once you get 25 posts, you can post the VIN of the truck in the VIN Check Subforum and someone will get you a dealer service history of the truck. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
25 post that kewl i'll havta get posting on here then, that year had probs with the injectors did it are they xspensive to fix? i hear of 1000-2000 for injectors thats not kewl at all

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yes it is usually a couple grand for the injectors. obviously less if you do the work yourself. Regretfully that one is quite high in miles so odds are no dealer would offer you a deal like they do sometimes with lower mileage trucks. Post up some pics of the rig so we can take a better look!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havta take sum pictures of it i forgot the last tym i was lookin at it, it wasnt avertised i was doing work at a guys house and we just started talking about trucks, i"m leary bc i've never bought a diesel and i dont want a lemon, so to speak..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i bought it. It's been a great truck have 3200 k on it so far goin in for a saftey tues morn, things got a shitload more torque than the 350 gaser i ran forever, 450k on her she is a good old girl. this thing is like a cadalac compared to the old girl i put to rest. Think i might like this diesel thing lol.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Welcome to the DF!! You will love that diesel as compared to a gasser.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys few little issues so far the second day hame fire it up in the morin ran for 30 secs or so and died. Wouldn't start so on the phone figured it had to b fuel so hit this site quick about changing fuel filterfound how to bleed it and sure enough the plunger was soft and primed it up ran all day no probs. To make a long story short it did it randomly only in the am, got a new filter havnt put it in yet gunna mayb today, but i was looking at the filter to c a date changed and i tightened it like 1/4 turn mayb hasnt needed primed now in 4 or 5 days. Also notice when i hammering on it it hessataes into 4 or 5 im pulling a 6x12 trailer everyday mayb 2500lbs its my shop on wheels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The hessitation on the 4-5 shift with the accelerator to the floor is probally de-fueling for the shift

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's nowhere near the floor just harder than usual i baby it bc of the trailer of tools and product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts