Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm new to the site, I'm a woman and blonde..But I do own a late in the year 2004 duramax,4 door,6 inch lift,edge chip and juice controller,with a 5 inch exhust. She is oh so beautiful !

My problem is that every once in a while it gets stuck in the limp mode..won't go over 2K rpm's and once where it wouldn't go under..it was just stuck. I've been able to turn off the ignition, let it set a few minutes and it resets itself and I'm off and going again. Is it the chip or the truck? I just had the fuel filter replaced and haven't had the opportunity to get on it to see if it corrected the problem..any comments are appriciated. Thanks, Penny:confused:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum.do me a favor and look on the vin # and tell me if the 8th didgit is a 2 if so you have the LLY and there is cheap fix but a tad bit of work. 2004.5-2006 LLY & LBZ 6.6L Release Valve Shim Kit [Shimkit] - $9.99 : Pacific Performance Engineering, Diesel Performance Technolgies i have a LLY and when ever i added more then 120hp extra it would do this and all it is the Fuel Rail Pressure drops to far and then throws the 1093 engine code along with the 2k rpm limiter so you don't ruin the injectors..hope this helps
ps post some pics of the truck..

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
WElcome to the site. The problem is more than likely a code p1093(low rail psi) the filter will help out a great deal but the shim kit tyreboyz mentioned will cure it. Your problem could also be the trans limping if you are runnig the juice on 4 or 5 especially with larger tires! dose it say anything on the dash when this happens? Dose it hold its self to 3rd gear along with the 2krpms?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was no indication of a problem, no alerts or anything else. I wasn't towing and the contoller was set on #1. Thank for your help,Penny.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I would see what the new filter dose. Try not to run your fuel filters any more than 10k, some dont even last that long, depending on your fuel station and how often you run the tank to empty!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts