Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

I would just like to say thanks way ahead of time, for all the info ive read & sure will get as time goes on. At this time i do not own a duramax, or a diesel for that matter.

since back in 2000ish & current i have be very fond of all the diesels & the power that can be put out while most other refuse to believe. they are such sleepers!!!

as my names says.... im not 'the man of turbos' just love turbos & the great advantage they give to power,economy,ect.

Anyways, as i babble, 1.5 years ago i purchase a car that i liked & still love. but a few days back in was in a accident & her life maybe short lived. they are still in the teardown process. so im not really going to know anything till tomarrow.

but heres my thing, back before i got the car i was looking at diesels. i have my things with each of the 3major manufactors. & really any of them new was out of the question, for it was way to much money, so i looked used. the Duramax was my #1 choice. which i can get into later. but even used it was costly for the mileage i was looking at & i couldnt justify getting it over something brand new for the same or less price. at that same time this is a drive till it dies & wify gets the new vehicles every couple of years kind of choice. + many other factors that went into the choice i made.

sorry for all the babbling, just given info on how i ended here & might stay but it might be the time for the truck ive wanted very shortly.

any advice on years & mileage would be great.

·
Registered
352 Posts
hey Welcome!!!! Thats a bummer about your car, but is a good excuse to get a dmax, one thing to keep in mind is that there are cummins out there for cheap if you cant find a dmax in your price rang, cummins is first on my list and dmax is second and the powerstroke still hasnt impressed me.

Do you have any idea on what year you want to get? What is your price range? where do you live?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The duramax has shown itself to be a durable and reliable motor. All vehicles are going to be prone to problems of one sort or another, so try and weed out all the negative unless its major or you hear it often. good luck with your search, and feel free to ask questions.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!! Lot of Good members and info here so feel free to ask any questions!

Welcome
Caleb

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the great welcome!!! u guys really rock. not many forums are this way!:rolleyes:

just to update before anything else...... as of to day-

to the body shop the car is to be totaled. over $14+K in damage & they havent really dug into the motor or interior... which was soaked from the rain because the window(s) wouldnt roll up for the overnight sit. the insurance guy isnt going to look at it till tuesday.

to the motor part they think the head might be cracked......

after talking to the guy at the shop he also commented on how nice the car really is, not many are like that.... & what a shame it would be, if they might have to put her down........ ill give more or the car,ect. after the fact, but at this time lets talk BLACK CLOUDS:rockin

first- price range 25kish range
second- im in the snow/salt belt area & their really is nothing worse then a rotten truck that i may buy for 20k. sure all powertrain is great but the underbody is horriable!!

im thinking LLY, would like a LBZ but would probably be out of my price range. or a '03PSD those sound really awsome,but at the same time the owners that ive talked to say they love them just some problems. Dodge wise... great motor just, in my area will rot quick. of course thats what ive seen. but just like anything, take care of it & it will take care of u.

so as i babble.... thanks again....... i know its on me but give some ideas what to look at. im not totally bias

1 - 7 of 7 Posts