Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! This is a great forum you have here with lots of great info. I did not find anything specifically for what I am wanting to know so here is yet another thread asking you vets what to do...

I have an 01 3500 2 wheeler that I am wanting to mod. The truck already has 4" from the turbo back, Cold air system, and a Banks Bullet installed. It runs ok, but is very slugish off the line and runs pretty hot when towing a 40' fifth wheel, EGT's hang around 1200 going up hills.

I am looking to add a few things so i will list them and you guys tell me if I am going in the right direction if you don't mind.

I am looking at getting a Quad Stealth programmer, a Banks Big Head gate controller (already have this just haven't put it on yet), a driver's side header to help it breath, a F.A.S.S. system, a valve bosy and a torque converter.

Any thought or suggestions??

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site..
sounds like you got the mods off to a good start but the one thing i would do different is get rid of the Banks Bullet and get the PPE HOT ET+2 or EFILive but you wanna do the tranny at the same time only i would highly recommend doing a stage III with the 1056 TC from Suncoast plus the PPE Turbo enhancer..
PPE Tuner 01-04 LB7 : Pacific Performance Engineering, Diesel Performance Technolgies
PPE Turbo Enhancer 2001-2004 LB7 Boost Increase Valve [01-04BoostIncreasev] - $29.95 : Pacific Performance Engineering, Diesel Performance Technolgies
SunCoast http://www.suncoastconverters.com/gmc/gm_products.html

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i just did some reading on the bullet and as far as i could tell you can stack it with a programmer so you should be good to go..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! I think I am going to go with just a valve body and a torque converter at first for cash shortage reasons. Which brands for these two items do you guys like the best? I not looking to set any land speed records just yet just tow a trailer a littler better and have some more pep around town.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
ppe has the most to offer and has the best record for not causing any trouble..

·
Registered
47 Posts
As far as tranny parts we are using sun coast parts they hold up well in other trucks so i am going to try them in the chevy. We have had some issues with ats products so i try to stay clear of the five star and the co-pilot if it were me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! I have Suncoast in my Cummins and have nothing but good luck, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on any under ground Bow Tie stuff. Thanks guys for all the info. That PPE programmer sounds and looks like a winner, but man its pricey, guess just like anything you get what you pay for huh.:drink

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does this thing need a lift pump too??

How much added HP will the stock lift pump support on this truck? The Banks Bullet adds 65 HP and the PPE will add a max of 220 HP. Do you guys think I will need to add a lift pump/fuel seperater??

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
you will need a lift pump to run an extra 160 to 200hp at it's full potential..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts