Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wanting to know if u need a chip/programmer to do a dpf back or maybe delete for a 07 6.6.....thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dpf back would be without muffler/ Dpf delete would run straight pipe

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Do not need a tuner for a DPF back exhaust, you will need one to delete the DPF.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'm assuming its a lmm 07.

Dpf back exhaust - no I do not believe a programmer is neccesarry

Downpipe back - yep, or truck will throw codes.

Imo, dpf back is worthless. If you live somewhere that does not do emmision checks, get that crap off of there asap, it will run much better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much is this efi live run....I hear its the best. I would like to run a programmer but I just bought the truck and it has a gap package that insures the drive train but they informed me that I can't run a programmer....I hear the efi live leaves no.footprints????? Is this true

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not wanting to hot rod the truck I just really want the sound from the straight pipe....they sound wicked..just going to do 6" lift 35" and 20" already have 30000 k hids but I want the sound....lol

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Efi will leave a footprint if i remember, especially if someone tunes it. You would be best to buy a pre tuned ecm, and swap if u have issues, but then u also would have to install stock exhaust as well. And i believe the stock ecm can tell how long it was unhooked, not 100% on that but I believe I've read that.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Also fill out Sig, will help us remember what u have

·
Registered
352 Posts
I need some help in that respect as well...I'm buying my first truck and it's going to be a diesel. A 2012 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali Standard bed crew cab all stock in California. I'm also looking for potential performance mods such as exhaust, etc. Right now I haven't decided whether to put a lift on it, but leaning no because I have kids and the truck already kind of sits high. On the other hand, I'm also planning to put some Bestop Power Running Boards, a bed step, and certainly some nice rims and tires. Any other ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I'm not wanting to hot rod the truck I just really want the sound from the straight pipe....they sound wicked..just going to do 6" lift 35" and 20" already have 30000 k hids but I want the sound....lol
florida has no emissions. get a exhaust a efi live tune from idaho rob and call it a day. these trucks dont have a huge amount of problems to worry about warranty. yes it does leave a footprint since even if u were to swap out ecms they can cross reference ur number of miles to how many regens it has had and they will be able to tell that its been deleted and tuned because there werent enough regens.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I need some help in that respect as well...I'm buying my first truck and it's going to be a diesel. A 2012 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali Standard bed crew cab all stock in California. I'm also looking for potential performance mods such as exhaust, etc. Right now I haven't decided whether to put a lift on it, but leaning no because I have kids and the truck already kind of sits high. On the other hand, I'm also planning to put some Bestop Power Running Boards, a bed step, and certainly some nice rims and tires. Any other ideas/suggestions?
You won't be able to do many performance mods in California. Also EFI is not an option for the 2011 and up trucks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
352 Posts
*facepalms* Yes...good 'ole California. The inmates have taken over the asylum. Has anyone used the power running boards? Any issues with them? Pros? Cons? What about the bed step? Anything I should pay particular attention to? I'm also wanting to put a hard tonneau cover on it as well I think, with a Rhino-liner inside the bed.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Ryan.... You should start your own thread and you'll get some good input I think.

Cali is restricted, but there are a few options such has the Diablo Power Puck which leaves a minimal trace and has had some good reviews. You would just want to remove the device before taking in for emissions testing.

OP... I have an LMM and love having the removed exhaust. That said, you will have to decide if you want to void your warranty or not before moving forward. I'm guessing based on an 07 you don't have much warranty left anyways. Keep your stock exhaust in case you ever need it, but I have a downpipe back exhaust. You can use EFI Live to address codes and using a loaner v2, pre-tuned ecm, or friends v2 you can get tuning for less then most off the shelf canned tuners.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much........

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
agreed, dropped mine with 40k left on warranty the mpg gain will save you money in long run, keep the stock exhaust though might need it and the are expensive through gm. kit the vendor as stated above ^^, they'lll hook you up. just get a good tuner if you go efi

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Straight pipe is straight pipe meaning no dpf, cat, or muffler bruh. A dpf back exhaust is pretty much for looks only. I doubt it will make a big change in sound and you damn sure won't get straight pipe sound without havin a straight pipe. Rip all that shit out from under that thing and get a full exhaust system or keep it stock and keep your warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts