Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to this forum and have a few questions.
About me: I live in CO and I'm a part-time fishing guide and love music and my Duramax. I have owned Chevy Diesel trucks since 1995 but have never considered adding any after market performance until I purchased my 2004. My 04 had 60k when I decided to sell it for my current 2007 LBZ. I have 4" exhaust (turbo back) and air intake. I'm really close to purchasing the EFI Live from ATS 1. What should I be looking for as far as price?
2. What's included with the EFI Live?
3. Is EFI Live the best of the best?
The guys at ATS have been really vague with me other then I'm getting the EFI Live with 5 pre-set settings and EGR blocker for around $850.
What am I missing or am I? :help

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Many vendors on this site will provide special tunes, good prices, and good advise-- when you buy EFI. Suggest you contact them before you buy anything.

You are going to need a trans up-grade if you add any power over 100 HP.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum-- are you East Colorado-- or west Colorado-?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
welcome to DF

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. I'm on the easter side of CO.
So should I be expecting any hardware (like a scanner) or is it just the 5 mode switch? So here's my situation. I'm not looking for HP or Torque but fuel mileage which is the reason I installed the air intake and exhaust but once I did that my check engine light came on and the dealer can't fix the problem unless I re-install OEM parts (which I'm not going to do at this point). ATS said I need the EGR blocker and EFI Live to override the computer in my truck and I should be good. The price seems appropriate but I don't know for sure and I want to make sure I get everything I'm paying for.

·
Firefighter/EMT-B
426 Posts
Welcome to the DF, be patient and you will get all the info you need.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
welcome, if your getting efi live, do some research on here and you will find that ATS is not the place to get efi live...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome. I love the tags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.