Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks!

SO im Im new to the Duramax, in fact diesel's period, and I got a couple questions since im going to be in the market for one.

Is this LMM thing the engine model for the newest chevys?

Im gonna be looking at getting a new 07 or 08 model (the new body style) soon and I have no clue on any matenance associated with the duramax so any quick pointers? Is this injector thing I hear about still an on going problem?

Mielage; I have read the thread below on mielage but That all seems low. I have heard from my aunts Boyfriend who owns a reputable diesel shop that you can squeeze up to 24 mpg out of these motors...can it be done driving when not towing?

Thanks for any help!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
first off welcome to the forum..the new Duramax is called a LMM and has been vastly improved since the first duramax made in 01 known as the LB7 duramax,the best way to tell what duramax you have or are getting using the vin #,count the 8th didgit right to left and if it is a
1=LB7 used 01 thru 04
2=LLY used 04.5 thru 05
3=LLY used early 06
D=LBZ used 06 thru 07
6=LMM came into production 1-1-07 and still is in mas prodution as of right now.
as for as mileage it depends the Throttle Position Sensor(er i mean the drivers foot)but on my 06 LBZ i was getting 18 to 20mpg stock as my highway driving but with a exhaust and programmer i have gotten as high as 23mpg on the open road as long as i keep it below 70mph but who wants to do that,so i average around 20 to 21mpg on the open road..hope this helps
the only difference between my LBZ and the new LMM is the LMM has all the new emission stuff on it and a tad bit more hp stock..

·
Registered
11 Posts
duramax

I owned a 06 with the LBZ put 33 thousand miles on it and sold it I had an edge chip 18 inch wheels big tires exhaust and air filter it got right at 18 on the highway with the tires 325's thats a big tire for stock, I just purchased a 07 LMM it has right at 3 thousand miles on it now and I'm getting 20 mpg out of it doing 75 in the mississippi hills, the lmm is an awsome motor it feels alot stronger stock than my LBZ. I'm very pleased with GMC and both trucks I've owned. You will be too!

·
Registered
95 Posts
With my mixed city/hwy driving on my 07 LBZ I am averaging about 16.6mpg tank after tank. It is literally about 50/50 on my miles for if they are city or hwy. On the hwy with no load I am a little over 18mpg and with a load about 13mpg. It seems to get a little better after each thousand miles, I only have 12k on mine so I expect even better performance as it gets towards 20k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts