Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired my father's O2 6 6 turbo diesel about 6 months ago having hazing issues at idle no loss of performance everything seems fine and not getting any codes any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Welcome. Hard to say without knowing any details on your truck. Is it bone stock? Have the injectors ever been replaced? Have you had any testing done or do you have the capability to do them, especially balance rates?

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Welcome to the DF! Common problem early on when the injectors are going south.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good ol LB7 but once u fix injectors they are solid. Mine ran really good with fresh injectors. Good luck to you and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome. Hard to say without knowing any details on your truck. Is it bone stock? Have the injectors ever been replaced? Have you had any testing done or do you have the capability to do them, especially balance rates?
The truck is bone stock the only upgrade I know it's had to it is a 4in exhaust the injectors I do believe or stock as well and no lift pump
Good ol LB7 but once u fix injectors they are solid. Mine ran really good with fresh injectors. Good luck to you and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We also believe that my father ran unleaded gasoline in this truck we do not know how much and for how long

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Needing a set of injectors is pretty likely but if gasoline was run it's hard to say what else might be going on and you'll probably want to have it checked out by someone with the proper test equipment. My first thing would be an injector balance test and I'd want to look for excessive blow-by since that is a common indicator of piston damage from running gasoline. I'd want to do a compression test as well, but I have the test equipment so am not paying to have it done. In all likelihood you just need injectors, at least based on it being a good runner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forums! Definitely have the injectors replaced and update us for any changes.
I've already dropped the tank and had it cleaned the tank will be going back in this weekend and then I will be doing the compression check more updates as they come9

1 - 11 of 11 Posts