Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to the forum, my name is earle im from adams center ny.
i currently dont own a duramax but im looking to buy one.
ive got a question about one im lookin at.
its a 05 chevy duramax, extended cab short bed, LT, black, and leather interior evrything that i want, but it has 125,000 miles on it and the dealer is selling it for $19,000. is that a good deal, bad deal, or about right?
and is 125,000 alot for these duramax's? i want the truck to last me for awhile.
thanks

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
welcome to the DF

19k sounds like a good price, check to see if the injectors were replaced, get a vehicle history report.
if it was like 200k miles then i would look away but 125k miles isnt too bad. and ask the dealer where they got it from

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to the Forum....

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Thats a little high if you ask me for that many miles. Around 17000 or so is more like it. The Duramax is a great motor if it is taken care of. Most diesels will see over 200000 miles without a problem so don't worry too much about miles.

·
Registered
419 Posts
welcome to the forum, i dont think the injectors are to big a concern on the 05 models, its mainly the 04.5 and down that were troublesome, 125k is barely broke in on the dmax unless it was heavily abused. i'm sure a few more will be along to say somethin shortly.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome.
I would hold out and pay a little more for something with fewer miles. Just my opinion. I searched for quite a while and was able to pick up my cc/sb LT with 47k for 24.5.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright thanks guys. its hard cuz thats the nicest one ive found so far thats in my price range. i can only get about 16-17,000 out of my truck so my price range is about 20,000 max. i hate payments lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
Welcome to the DF! :drink

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey ya'll i went and looked at the duramax i found on the internet and its not worth 20k at all. its got dents and scratches and mismatch tires and my biggest concern is it has 123,000 miles but the hour meter only reads 200hrs.. calculate that out lol so idk if the engine was replaced or dash was replaced or what is goin on with it. so its back to lots and lots of searchin lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts