Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone just joined the site so i could learn more about my truck and have a place to go to if I have a problem.

well never like to start my first post with a helping question but i guess i have no choice this time.
on my 03 LB7 duramax i have a leak between the rear of the engine and the bell housing. the leak is only comming out of the bell housing drain hole and I dont see any leaks on the engine(all dry). i checked the oil just in case and its still fine a little thin just havnt had a chance to change it yet will be today or tomorrow. anyone have any ideas what it could be.
i think its either the rear main or a leak from the fuel valley(from what i've read and heard).

thanks

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Prolly a rear main seal! Hopefully others will chime in. Welcome to the DF

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the DF

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
Welcome to the DF, It sounds like a rear main to me as well...........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i found out it wasnt the rear main but the oil pan gasket has to be done now.....there was fuel in my oil and i mean lots probably about 22L it looked like came out like water.
so now i'm thinking a bad injector. what do you guys think....and i only have 193153km on this damn truck.

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Welcome to the DF! I'd be willing to guess Rear Main as well. Fill out your signature, that way you don't have to worry about typing what your truck is everytime.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Fuel in your oil? Injectors.....LB7's are notorious for them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i had a feeling that it was going to be the injectors...well that or one of the rails.
does anyone know where i can get good injectors that are better then stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts