Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 LBZ CCLB
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everybody, thanks for having me.

Former L5P owner who went backwards in time to the trusty old LBZ. couldn't be happier, 2007 LBZ CCLB. Stock truck, looking to work on it slowly.
First things first will be a sand and redcoat the frame since it will live in the NE. If anyone has any experience with coatings for underneath, please share. Going the remove the bed route and whatever else I can get at. Thanks. Used POR15 in the past with good results. Want to keep this thing forever so all advice welcome.

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Automotive side marker light

Thanks!
Sean

·
Registered
2007 LBZ CCLB
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome buddy from North Jersey here.

What made you go backwards? The resale value of my L5P is def kicking me hard (can get almost 20 more than i paid) but i just cant pull the trigger to buy something else. And ill never find a clean LBZ around here for that 20k. I def understand the emission side of things though.
emissions was definitely a large part of it, had 3 EGR issues and a DEF error code all in 4 years of owning my L5P. Figured it just wasn’t meant to be haha. But I loved that truck, wouldn’t have sold if I couldn’t find an LBZ with an 8’ bed. Ended up spending 22k for the LBZ with 94kon the dash, expensive of course but for these times feel like I did alright. Also a huge fan of the classic body and with the money made on the L5P figured now was a good time to get back into one before they all had 300K plus and begging for a rebuild haha.
truck I got motor and body wise is very clean, old plastic will get replaced but other than that some rust underneath but nothing I can’t fix, frame is still solid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts