Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im new to the forum, i have a 2007 lmm feel free to look at my sig for more details, i hope to be a help on here and i know yall will help me im from southwest va, my first question im thinking about plasti dipping my bowties i know how to remove the front one does anyone know how to take the one on the tailgate off?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
266 Posts
The one on the tailgate just pops off. I did mine a while ago. just the gold part tho not the chrome

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome! your LMM sounds sweet!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks y'all and I know I posted in the wrong thread 2011 and up non-power train sorry newbie mistake, and I know this question is already on here but I would like another opinion I read in another thread that the spin on Allison filter is good for 20k but the previous owner of my truck changed the spin on and the fluid every oil change which at the time made me feel better seeing how the truck was efi tuned on a stock transmission and idk what kind of fluid he put in it he claimed he used (the good stuff) when I do this I'm definetly going with transyd but I'm wondering if I should still keep changing fluid and filter since he's done it everytime or If I should maybe slack off a little considering the price of transyd I would like another opinion but I'm thinking now to maybe change the filter every oil change and the fluid every other or maybe longer but I am getting ready to install a transgo jr and would like to know what to do and also does any one know we're the cheapest place to get transyd

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would change the spin on about every 10k miles and transynd can be good for up to 100k miles if not towing or being used heavy but I would change it out probably every 50k miles and not much less. Unless your really being hard on it threw towing or racing.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·