Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, I have a 1966 chevy 1/2 ton, 4wd with dana 44 front and an eaton 1 ton helpfull floater rear, frame has been fully boxed. I am looking to put a duramax in this truck because everybody outs big blocks in them. my question is this, what is required to put a Duramax into a early model truck? right now the body is off for restoration so the frame is a blank canvas. I have owned this truck since I was 16 and I can remember it haing plenty of room in the engine compart.
I have heard that the wire looms are a real pain to use inthe early model trucks, also do the ECM and TCM swap easily.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I would think that if you have the engine, transmission, all the original wiring and ecm then it wouldn't be that hard to do. Hiding the wires and getting the engine and tranny aligned would be the hardest part I would think. I could be wrong tho, theres always huge problems that were never thought of until you get there. Sounds like an awesome project tho. Welcome to the forum and good luck with it.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
welcome to the df!!!
ur best bet would be buying a wrecked duramax so you have all the stuff to do the swap :drink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts