Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New to the forum

1K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  darkwolf0982 
#1 ·
Hey, I'm new to the forum. From Upstate Ny, I plan on getting a GMC or Chevy diesel when august comes around. My intentions are off roading/mudding and daily driver. So Ill be putting dual stacks, 6 inch suspension lift with a 2 inch body lift, baja style spare tire carrier, new metal front bumper that protects the lights, bigger tires and change the gear ratio. Maybe two winches, one for front and back or a spot lights . The only thing is any diesel sucks in winter but hell, I'm willing to make it work. If you guys would like to put up suggestions on anything, go ahead and post them please. I haven't had experience with doing a truck like this. Most likely take a little time as I make more money but what can you do when your a 18 year old Part timer going to college on a scholarship and accepted for a loan.

#2 ·
Welcome to the Forum !!

#13 ·
I'd sooner have a diesel than a gasser in the winter!!!
btw welcome

#14 ·
Welcome to the DF

#17 ·
There harder to start I hear. Some guys run a couple heaters to there truck. I never got into detail on where or why. I also heard the glow plugs are the only thing and just let them warm up like a gasser but a little longer. So any input on this?
Thanks again. I like the sound of a friendly community unlike other forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.