Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to stop in and say hello...:drink

New to the forum and new to the diesel family...Just bought my first diesel, a 2011 2500 HD Silverado LTZ last Friday...I'm very pleased with it so far...It was a one owner (older local guy) with 45,000 miles...:neener

It had an exhaust leak at the clamp for the down pipe which they fixed but there is something else going on because the check engine light keeps coming on...HmmMMmm

Also, it has a bunch of chrome accents (door handles and tailgate handle) that I want to get off...How do I go about doing this???...LOL...Not much of a chrome guy, would rather start working on "BLACKING" it all out...

Anyway, thank for letting me join the "family" and now I can start making a build list!!!...LOL

:drink

Todd

·
Premium Member
11,298 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Reactions: Tank29

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, all

Another "hello" from a new member. I'm not on my first diesel, but it is my first Duramax. I picked up a lightly used 2005 3500 extended cab flatbed with only 55,000 miles on it. It's in quite great shape, except for a fuel gauge/transfer problem that I've discovered is quite common among these. Yesterday I filled both tanks for the first time, and the fuel gauge went to just over half full, and ten minutes later diesel fuel was spewing out of the front tank filler as I went down the freeway. I stopped and pulled the transfer circuit breaker to stop the spilling, but the gauge was then down to empty with the low fuel light on. So far I have some suspicions to what it making this pump run continuously, but no definite answers. Any help is appreciated; in the meantime, I'll just put the breaker back in when I need more fuel in the front tank. Thanks, all! :help

·
Registered
43 Posts
^^On the Dmax's with dual tanks you have to make sure you remove the key from the ignition when fueling, and always fill the front tank first, then the rear tank. After the company flatbed went back to the dealer a few times to get the gauge fixed they decided to print these instructions on the dash. No problems since!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome!

Also, it has a bunch of chrome accents (door handles and tailgate handle) that I want to get off...How do I go about doing this???
Plastidip is the easiest and cheapest way. It peels right off if you decide that you don't like it. If money isn't an issue you could order replacement color matched parts from GM. Your other option is to have the parts painted but a lot of shops won't touch chrome. I should mention that Plastidip is also available in pretty much every color as well in case you want to color match.

Do a search on youtube for Plastidip and you'll find a bunch of videos on how to apply it.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
welcome friend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.