Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi. New here down in Albuquerque NM. I'm looking to buy a Duramax sometime in the next 6 months. The truck I am looking for is not very easy to find unfortunately. I currently have a 1988 Chevy Crew Cab long bed 1 ton non dually 4x4. I'm doing a 6.2 diesel 5 speed swap but I want a truck that isn't so damn long so looking for a ext cab long bed 4x4 Dmax.
I've owned two Cummins trucks and as much as a love the engine I hate Dodge trucks and just would prefer to be in a Chevy, and i've towed with two different Dmax trucks that friends have and I just decided that I want one.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Im in Rio Rancho

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, Cool got another Local guy awesome

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Welcome, your in the right spot. I am near Albuquerque too. Looks like a couple of us on this thread. Good stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome, I'm from Albuquerque as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O very cool, well glad to see there is a few people in the Area.
And hopefully I can find a truck that I want and sell off my truck and a couple things to buy one. But I am so far having problems finding what I want.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Welcome buddy, I'm down south of you in Las Cruces!!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
What year range are you looking for?

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts
Welcome :drink

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok one question I am really curious about. How reliable is the dash mounted push button controls for the 4wd system on a 04-06 truck? I really want a floor shifter for the 4wd but all the stuff I want in a truck is proving hard to find.

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Ok one question I am really curious about. How reliable is the dash mounted push button controls for the 4wd system on a 04-06 truck? I really want a floor shifter for the 4wd but all the stuff I want in a truck is proving hard to find.

I haven't heard of any issues. It's no manual shifter but they seem to hold up fine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts