Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and would like to say hello and I'm looking forward to getting and sharing ideas.

I am planning to trade my current truck for a used Chevy Duramax within the next few weeks. I have done some research but I thought I'd tap into your vast knowledge. I'm unfamiliure with the different year and models of the 2500 Duramax. I would like some suggestions as to which year range to stay with (or stay away from). I will be using the truck to pull about 2000# once or twice a week. I can not afford a new one but thought about one in the '03 to '05 range.

Thanks
Steven

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
WElcome to the site!! As for the trucks there are no real problem years, the earlt 01 02's had some injector issues with a % fo trucks. ANy truck can have issues but there really arent any that are just a given problem in all trucks!!

the engines are mostly the difference but for someone not looking to make a race truck the differences are small! the lb7 04.5 and older seem to get the best mpg stock!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05_LLY,

Thanks for the info. Is there a document or post on this site that compares the different year motor specs such as hp and torque?

Steven

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts