Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day folks,
Just obtained a 2004 Silverado 2500 CCLB that will be used to haul our 28' 5th-wheel. Seems like a great truck so far, it replaced a 1995 F350 CCLB. Did a lot of looking before getting this truck. Has 180K on it but still runs strong.
Waiting to go for a ride in my nephews 2500 as there are some noises that I am not sure are normal for the 6.6L LLY. Nothing major, but I like to know what I am listening to. :)
Stan

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Duramax thing. When I first got my LLY, I was paranoid about every noise, temp gauge fluctuation etc. Having towed our 5th wheel approximately 20,000 miles in some of the steepest, hottest terrain, I don't worry about these things. If you haven't done so, make sure you replace the stock turbo mouthpiece with an AFE or LBZ mp, do a search on here for more info. Also, get an EGT guage if you're going to be doing lots of towing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to DF. Truck should be good to go just do like what Ally said and prevent issues instead of waiting for them to happen.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Wiring harness on your alternator bracket tends to rub through the insulation, cut it free from the bracket, I would look into that and get gauges.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your 04' LLY!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome and information (will be looking things up as soon as I enter this message). Just finished removing the running boards (safety issue when wet - to be replaced with 20" steps) and have charted all the RPO codes so I know what I am working with. Did see the truck has 4" exhaust front to rear while it was up on the lift.

Off to do research, and thanks again.
Stan

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Projected modifications for the new truck, my son works for LineX, so we will be doing a dark gray bed, rocker panel, fender flare, hood bra and front bumper LineX coating. Also a graphic to break up the solid white a bit. The graphic may change to be something that matches the graphics of the 5th-wheel to make it appear the graphics merge from the camper down to the truck.

Above is as the truck sits in the driveway (the running boards have been cropped off as those have already been removed.
Below is the 'after' of what it should look like.
_SAF1306V6-Comparison.jpg

·
Spoolin' Up
287 Posts
It looks good but When I did the raptor liner on my truck I went up to the body line. No regrets here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks good but When I did the raptor liner on my truck I went up to the body line. No regrets here!
Understand that. :) This is all just photoshop at this point -- subject to change....

I neglected to add the bedliner overlap on the outside of the bed also.

·
Spoolin' Up
287 Posts
I hated the all white on mine also so here is a b4 and after for you.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 21 Posts