Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 Silverado 6.6L LB7 Duramax. My New Transmission Jerks & Clunks Around 50% Of The Time When Coasting/Braking To A Stop. My original transmission gave up right around 230,000 miles in February 2019. I had a brand new transmission installed March 2019 (exactly 1 year ago) and I've been having this problem ever since the day that I drove the truck from the shop. After a couple months of it acting up I took it back to the shop where I got the new transmission, but the guy told me there is nothing wrong with his work... Now, a year later, I am still having the same issue. Is this something I should be concerned about? Have y'all had this same issue? Does is eventually go away? Would love some feedback about this.

Registered
Something is definitely wrong. With no codes, and not being in person its hard to start to tell you what could possibly be wrong. You need to take it back there and make him fix it. Especially if its done it since "new". That is most definitely not normal and is not going to go away..

Reactions: 407driver

Premium Member
The shop said there was nothing wrong with the work............It sounds more like the transmission itelf, where did you get it? Who built it?

Registered
How are your u-joints and carrier bearing?

Registered
I own a 2004 Silverado 6.6L LB7 Duramax. My New Transmission Jerks & Clunks Around 50% Of The Time When Coasting/Braking To A Stop. My original transmission gave up right around 230,000 miles in February 2019. I had a brand new transmission installed March 2019 (exactly 1 year ago) and I've been having this problem ever since the day that I drove the truck from the shop. After a couple months of it acting up I took it back to the shop where I got the new transmission, but the guy told me there is nothing wrong with his work... Now, a year later, I am still having the same issue. Is this something I should be concerned about? Have y'all had this same issue? Does is eventually go away? Would love some feedback about this.
sounds like you should grease your slip yoke. Start with the cheapest repair option first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts