Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about six weeks ago I bought me a 02 SCLB 2wd chevy. Love it to death, plain old work truck model rubber floor, no power anything, not even a cassette player :rofl well long story short I bought the truck with brand new 285s on it and somebody had already cranked up the stock keys level. I got bored and installed some lift keys and shock extensions to lift it more. I love lifted trucks no matter if its a two wheel drive or not, but this truck is going to just be my daily driver/ tow rig/ sleeper whenever the tuning comes. I been seeing more and more pictures of lowered single cabs and I think it looks a lot better with the 3/5 setup.

So im thinking about keeping stock sized tires ~30" tall and going with the 3/5 kit. What do you guys think? Black wheels, color matched grill, mirrors and bumpers? Should I keep it lifted or just drop it for the coolness and better mileage? My biggest deal is the right rpms because I was originally wanting to stuff 35s and swap to 4.10s but if I just lower it I can save myself the money and run smaller tires and no gear swap!

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
I say jeep it low and tune it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I didnt have time to swap my stock keys back on the front so i just pulled the bolts out with the lift keys and built some true 3" drop shackles for the back. Now just time to swap my keys back to stock up front and pull the bolts. Gonna try to swap my tires out for some stock 245s for now until I can afford wheels and tires later on! Keeping stock steel wheels for the stealth mode.

With the lift keys decranked and the shackles on it still sits a little cali. Hopefully it'll have a nice stance with stock keys decranked. Then maybe for christmas or something ill talk my fiance into getting me some hangers and spindles ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
i might go with 265 but thats just me

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the only thing about going with the djm kit is I can keep stock wheels. With the drop spindles Ill have to run bigger wheels and tires. We shall see. DJM arms are so expensive for the front

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been looking at all of the DJM products still but ive just heard too many stories from the 1/2 ton guys running their control arms about crappy bushing and noisy stuff. Thinking about just running drop spindles, aftermarket UCAs and flipping the lower balljoint. Wanna get low but not bag the truck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhhh after talking to a few guys, what do you guys think about the DJM arms with drop spindles combined with a flip kit in the rear? It should come out to about a 5/8 drop and look pretty sweet. Lookin to build a low dependable tow truck and Ive been wanting to put the third gen dodge 17s on my truck also because they looked really nice on my dads LLY. Thinkin if I run those 17s with about a 30" tall tire and the stock gears should work out pretty nice and Ill run ten plys so I can still haul!! What do you guys think about all white grill and bumpers? No roll pan just painted stock rear bumper. I personally kinda like the storm trooper look instead of TOO much black....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts