Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently I have an 05' Toyota Tacoma with 38,000 miles on it. I bought it for gas milage purposes, but when I bought it I wasn't pulling anything. I now have a 22' pontoon boat with a 150hp motor on it. It's a pretty good load. I also live on a farm and have other trailers to pull as well. My Tacoma pulls the boat ok, but it jerks me around alot. My main question is should I buy a new duramax now which would be an 08', or wait to see if GM is going to change there body styles again in 09' or 10'?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Changes?

Supposedly GM is to maintain the current frame and basic body style for the next 5 or 6 years from the 2K7.5 starting basis. There will be some superficial styling changes, but the essentials will stay. This can always change, but currently this is the plan according to the financial pages. Guess the bucks drive everything. Bought/ordered an 2K8 sight unseen based on this information. Not expecting any major differences. Will let you know if I'm "surprised".

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I'm not sure if you def. want the new body style or not...but I just bought an 07, and when I was searching, 3 of the dealers I went to...one the owner being a very close family friend and diesel mechanic told me to stay away from the new emmisions engines for a good while. They said there will def. be bugs that GM will need to work out...and that the LBZ engine was good. So far I've not had a single problem. And my friends father went and bought a 07 GMC LMM engine...and he has only had it for 5 months, and he has already had it in the shop 3 times...1st time was for leaks, 2nd time was for his MPG dropping to 10-11 and 3rd his truck wouldn't start. These are just my experiences with the dealers and people around here, and thought I would share with you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Committed

Well, were committed to the new purchase. Its been on order for nearly 2 months. Hopefully we will not get one that was built on a Monday or Friday. Visited a GM plant years ago as a college project and talked to the "guys". Completely understand where the "lemons" come from and how they get created. Quality control has improved since them I'm sure but I also know that the underlying reasons and human nature have not changed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mt father worked for GM in Arlington years ago and said the Monday and friday saying is accurate. Hangovers on Monday and ready to party on Friday! Of course when they were installing hoods on the cars in 69' his co-worker stripped just about all of the hood bolts when fastening them to the hinges so I guess it could happen any day of the week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts