Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Legennn... wait for it...
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Third diesel since joining the forum... for those who may not know, I lost my '95 when my stepdaughter was involved in an accident driving to school. The thought of repairing it crossed my mind, but I couldn't pass this up... found this jewel for just a little more than it would've cost to fix the wrecked one...

Yeah, they're the shots from the dealership

but I haven't had the time to take some nice ones of my own

thinking of taking the decals off, but don't know if it will two-tone the Indigo Blue due to sun-fade

Fully loaded, cushy leather seats, and the kicker...

only 88,954 on the clock!

1998 half ton 4x4, 6.5 (sorry Jesse, it's staying that way, you can be that guy with the CTD swap :thumb). Got a practically brand new exhaust kit that I'd just installed on the old truck that will get swapped over, adding a muffler and tip just picked up from Jess at Husker Diesel today.

I'm stoked :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice man it looks good.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
VERY clean looking 6.5 rig! A buddy of mine just picked one up as well.. course its nowhere near as nice as this, but i won't tell him that lol.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I want a 6.5! I love older diesels but I can't stand sittin in a damn dodge! Fords are good in those years, but I just don't like fords! Lol.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Congrats man!
Love that bodystyle, do not like the blue though. lol Just repaint it black......

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
old skool!

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Looks good. And the mileage.. Damnit you lucked up there

·
Registered
239 Posts
good lookin truck with even better mileage! enjoy that thing. congrats

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hell ya! I cant beleave you found on with under 100k! :eek:

You gonna sell the old one?
Yep, after I've taken some stuff off it. I've had a few guys at my wife's shop ask what I want for it, and one kid at the high school too

The half tons came with a 6.5?
Sho 'nuff. But because of that, they have emissions crap on them, like EGR

Congrats man!
Love that bodystyle, do not like the blue though. lol Just repaint it black......
I actually test drove a black one and was ready to buy it...

Looks good. And the mileage.. Damnit you lucked up there
Lucked is the word... I was going to buy the truck linked above, but when I stopped by, they wouldn't take anything less than $300 to hold it, and my bank won't let me take more than $200 off my ATM card. Then my wife griped about it being a single cab - can't fit both of us and the kids if we go anywhere. This one popped up on Autotrader the next day

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Nice find Kevin! You say you'll keep the 6.5... til you drive mine with the cummins :D then you'll probably want to trade me!

That thing should be a darn good truck though. And it should get pretty awesome mileage in a half ton truck too! Probably consistent low 20's I bet.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should have seen the look on Jess's face when I pulled up to the shop yesterday...

"What the hell are you driving now??" :rof

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
So are you putting a 5" kit on it? :D

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4"

Most of the kit is still on the wrecked truck. The tip and muffler are in the garage. Was going to get up and start tearing it down this morning, but it's flippin' raining outside Blaaa

I told Jess I'm going to buy a crossover pipe from Heath that already has a pyro probe mounting spot built in, then I'd be back for gauges. Might even buy a boost bolt to make it easier to put that gauge in too

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was also thinking of ditching the Progressive wheels and going with these

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Those wheels would definitely look better than the ones on it

·
Registered
57 Posts
The half tons came with a 6.5?
Sure did! I had a '94 extended cab with a full size bed. Finally succumbed to rust when the rear frame rails rusted through to the point I could not weld them.

Loved my '86 Suburban with the 6.2 as well. Had 300K on it when rust got that one too.

Then I bought an '06 Duramax. Oh, well 2 out of 3 ain't bad I suppose.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts