Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm a really late bloomer on doing my mouthpiece but for those of you who haven't done it yet... YOU NEED TO!!! I have a Banks 6 gun, Banks RamAir, egr blocked, MBRP DownPipe, 4" DiamondEye straight exhaust, PCV reroute and after the AFE mouthpiece install today, my truck literally CAME ALIVE! I didn't realize how all those mods were pretty useless until I did the mouthpiece. Wethere you go with the lbz, kodiak or AFE, it will make a world of difference! It took me about 15-20 minutes.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Agreed woke my truck up something fierce

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is the AFE 250.00 much better then the LBZ 100.00 is it worth the extra cash. If it is substantial i would go for the AFE what are your opinions?

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Is the AFE 250.00 much better then the LBZ 100.00 is it worth the extra cash. If it is substantial i would go for the AFE what are your opinions?

The AFE is a direct replacement, fits perfectly and is very quick to install......no mods needed at all.

The LBZ is a good setup too but takes more time and skill to do all the modifications properly (cutting the intake, grinding clearance for the EGR, etc).

The Kodiak is also a good setup but the intake doesn't sit perfectly and eliminates the resonator (not good if you want to keep it quiet).

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
The AFE piece looks like shit on the inside to be a $200-250 piece. The convenience isn't worth the sacrifice for quality IMO. I still need to do this but ill be doing the Kodiak piece without a doubt.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
The AFE piece looks like shit on the inside to be a $200-250 piece. The convenience isn't worth the sacrifice for quality IMO. I still need to do this but ill be doing the Kodiak piece without a doubt.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

When I had one I just took a few minutes to sand it all smooth inside with a Dremel so not a big issue IMHO and the fit is better than the Kodiak for sure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know I'm a really late bloomer on doing my mouthpiece but for those of you who haven't done it yet... YOU NEED TO!!! I have a Banks 6 gun, Banks RamAir, egr blocked, MBRP DownPipe, 4" DiamondEye straight exhaust, PCV reroute and after the AFE mouthpiece install today, my truck literally CAME ALIVE! I didn't realize how all those mods were pretty useless until I did the mouthpiece. Wethere you go with the lbz, kodiak or AFE, it will make a world of difference! It took me about 15-20 minutes.
Sub'd, I really need to do this. Thinking I might go with the Kodiak mouthpiece, I dont mind a little louder turbo. Where is the best place to purchase one? Also, did blocking your EGR throw any codes?

·
Registered
593 Posts
The lbz anit shit to put in u have to trim ur intake tube like 8 inchs but a hacksaw or die grinder works good
Personally wouldn't waste the money on an AFE
And the Kodak looks smaller than an lbz
Thts just my input

·
Registered
593 Posts
The lbz anit shit to put in u have to trim ur intake tube like 8 inchs but a hacksaw or die grinder works good
Personally wouldn't waste the money on an AFE
And the Kodak looks smaller than an lbz
Thts just my input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts