Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to upgrade my turbo, keep it a single for now and possibly go to twins later down the road, I want something that I will be able to use in a larger set of twins. something that spools quick but will make some decent numbers looking to push around 6-650hp with a charger upgrade and later much much more.

I dont tow a whole bunch maybe 7 trips a year that are 2600 km round trip, I dont pull, and the odd drag race (street legals at the track) mostly just a DD

what turbo would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
suggestions?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
S366.....there are many different brands out there.... a buddy of mine has a HTT and another buddy is getting the Industrial Injection Phatshaft 66 (comes with polished housing standard) Once you decide put a price request in the vendor section and see who has the best deals (my guess would be Creatures (Henry & Darryl))

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I've heard alot of good things about the phat shaft. I have the bd kit.....don't get it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Very slow spool for such a reasonably sized turbo, also the install didn't go very well, the trans dipstick relocation tube was a real pain in the butt. Doesn't flow as much air as the industrial turbo, the mouthpeice is powder coated black, inside and out, has a paint flaking problem inside the mouthpeice......

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
An s366 will push well over 600 rwhp alone with supporting mods. With say an s480 with the 66 you could probably push upwards of 800..Again you'd need more than just turbos.

·
BANNED
789 Posts
Billet S366

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An s366 will push well over 600 rwhp alone with supporting mods. With say an s480 with the 66 you could probably push upwards of 800..Again you'd need more than just turbos.
my goal in the end with a send of twins and a fully built motor will be around 8-850.

my stock sticks should hold up till that 600 mark correct? how about cp3?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
A 66mm of any brand would be a good choice. You should be able to get around 600hp with your stock sticks and CP3 but you will be pushing it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Im not real knowledgeable like some of these other guys but you may look at the turbo kit from duramax tuner. They offer a 72mm single kit for about 600hp

·
Registered
57 Posts
The fleece 87mm is what I'm looking at!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fleece 66mm cheetah is a bad A turbo... IMO

·
Registered
63 Posts
no to highjack your thread, but will the cheetah 66 be a better option than the 4094vvt

·
Registered
472 Posts
no to highjack your thread, but will the cheetah 66 be a better option than the 4094vvt
i like my 4094.little more than the 66.better egt.and yes i have had both.

·
Registered
141 Posts
my goal in the end with a send of twins and a fully built motor will be around 8-850.

my stock sticks should hold up till that 600 mark correct? how about cp3?
Last year my truck did 585/1128 on Danvilles dyno, stock injectors, and a used LBZ CP3, wth a FPE S366/73 in a T3 gated housing ( Im cheap, no headstuds...:thumb)

We just dynoed it again yesterday, to set a baseline for a new dyno, and it did 586 but wouldnt quit hold 22,000 PSI of rail.

That being said, a fresh LBZ pump outta squeak out 600 RWHP with stock injectors and a 66/73

If you set your truck up now with headstuds and a non-gated 366/73 you should be able to hit 800RWHP with enough fuel and the bottom end to hold it.

Caleb

·
Registered
95 Posts
with 800rwhp is that your daily driver? and if so what kinda MPG's you get with that kinda power

·
Registered
95 Posts
with 800rwhp is that your daily driver? and if so what kinda MPG's you get with that kinda power

1 - 20 of 20 Posts