Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I finally pulled the trigger! On order from the local tire shop: qty 4 20x9 Ultra Marvericks and qty 4 305/55R20E Nitto Terra Grapplers. Wheels have 5.75" BS / +18mm OS. Torsion bars are cranked with Cognito UCA's, NorCal Nick "large" fender mod complete....think I'm all ready to go! I appreciate everyone's knowledge here and saving me trials and tribulations on my own! There are plenty of you that seem to be running similiar setups as me with NO rubbing, so I hope my truck will turn out the same! I'm upgrading from 285/65R18's on 18x9 HELO's (don't know the BS/OS specs). I figure I can turn the T-bars a few more turns if I have any rubbing issues. I'll post pics after the install. Thanks again for everyones' posting!!

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think you will like 305/55R20. I love them, but i'm going 35s next time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you will like 305/55R20. I love them, but i'm going 35s next time.
Thanks! Are your Novacaines similiar in BS/OS to what my Mavericks are? Did you just have to level it out to get away with no rubbing?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Backspace 5, Offset 0 according to BMF website

·
Registered
897 Posts
Mine are the 20x9, they are supposed to make it easier to fit under a leveled truck. The BMFs in 20x10 are 4.75 Backspace with a -19 Offset if that helps any.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Awesome!! Congrats on the new mod.....One word though: PICS PICS PICS!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome!! Congrats on the new mod.....One word though: PICS PICS PICS!!
LOL! They'll be up just as soon as the package comes in and I can get them bolted on!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice wheels,

Pictures would be appreciated when you mount them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HMMM....I have a profile pic loaded up, and I'm not sure why it is not showing on my posts?? It's a picture of my truck as it is today...can't wait for the new wheels/tires!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I always add them to Photobucket and then post them. I am not the most computer savy person there is. There is probably another way, but this one works for me.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I definitely want to see this:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...and I'm still waiting for the wheels/tires to arrive....:-/

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully they will arrive by the weekend...in the meantime I'll be installing the cognito pitman and idler arm braces :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any update? I'm looking at getting this same setup but going with Chrome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any update? I'm looking at getting this same setup but going with Chrome.
They tire store phoned yesterday to tell me that there had been a "delay": tires should now arrive mon/tue and wheels should arrive tue/wed next week. :mad:...so no tire install this weekend.

On a better note, I'm getting ready to head to the auto hobby shop and intall my Conginto pitman/idler arm braces :eek:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
well congrats on the suspension...booo on the wheels/tires

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any pics yet?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
:plane