Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I've had this problem. I've replaced my passenger side window regulator THREE times in the past 2 years or so. I thought I was just buying shitty motors but when installing my latest 3rd one I noticed my window wouldn't work. Once I wiggled the wires around coming out of the connector that plugs into the window motor, it would react and start functioning.

My new theory is that this bad electrical is somehow burning out my motors. Last one I replaced would get hot even when it wasn't in use (it was already dead at this point).

Something is obviously amiss with the wiring. Problem is I can't see anything obvious. The wires look in decent shape and the connector isn't corroded as far as I can tell.

So what's next? I thought I'd replace the wiring. Where can I get the wiring? Looking on ebay I find that these are ridiculously over priced ($200 range).

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Has anyone else had this problem?:help

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, does nobody know where I can find the wiring or if I'm being crazy and there's a simpler approach?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.