Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

new

4K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  DieselpoweredGMC 
#1 ·
hi everyone i am Ryan i live in Texas i am new to this place i have a 06 GMC duramax crew cab 4x4 i believe it has LLY as the engine don't know for sure.i bought it at the Chevy dealership i work at. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Pickup truck

See less See more
#3 ·
if it has an LBZ your 8th digit of the vin code will be a "D"

Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
thanks pretty awesome truck but i think it has a program still in it because it shift 1-3 slow then shift 4-6 fast pretty weird to me and only thing the tech2 (gm reader) at work says it unknown

#6 ·
it has a 2 as the 8th digit on the vin i think that it is a LLY i think it's a early 06 they start Lb7 late 06 and Stephen i am north of San Antonio

#12 ·
was ancira a pretty good place or not? I was thinking of switching to cavnder chevy but i got this bad ass promotion doing pdi's now driving new cars all day and starting to do hands on with a partner pretty sweet.

#13 ·
yeah. its quite slow. the one thing we needed was another diesel tech there. but yeah i have 2 buddies that work at cavender chevy ones a diesel tech and ones just the oil change guy pretty much

#14 ·
yeah i bet a lot of people don't like work on the diesel at valmark. got one master tech his the only one the work on duramax's and i am his partner :D

#17 ·
you do have an LLY then. However, the internals are the same as the LBZ, it is just a detuned LBZ in all reality. Once you throw a programmer at it you'll be lbz status :thumb

#19 ·
when i bought it i went to update all the stuff on the truck throw the gm updater at work all the stuff in the computer say unknown frimware so i think it still has a program in the computer. all i know that truck has balls right now :gearjamin

#20 ·
I would probably ref lash the ecm since you have access to the tools from the dealer. You can never be too careful, and I'm not one for trusting other peoples tunes.

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum

#24 ·
Well i strongly suggest efi live. It's the best of the best, no hands down. Way better than any canned tuner of any variety. There are multiple dealers/vendors that carry efi on here, and multiple tuners as well. I suggest looking in to your tuner selection carefully, as it is a big investment. I would recommend ATP, rob and dustin have been a great help to me. However it is up to you to make the final decision, i'm by no means pushing them on you lol. Also, don't be scared away by the v2 price.. they have several options for you including a preprogrammed ecm (cheapest option) or even a loaner v2 setup as well.

If you aren't feeling the whole efi live scene yet, the best canned tuner is PPE in my honest opinion. However research a ton before you pull the trigger, as you will find that most people that have them regret it after a while and just wish they would have waited a bit longer for EFI live since they almost always upgrade. This could work out in your favor though, as there are usually tons of canned programmers for sale :thumb

#25 ·
i heard EFI is the way to go. i want a programmer that i can get better mpg and switch if i want power on the spot and have on screen display of torque, and on boost and othere things

#26 ·
edge insight with efi tunes would be the way to go. i have an edge insight but since i have an LBZ i can't control my tunes with it so i had to get a dsp5 switch which isn't really a big deal. don't let me push you in any direction but I was one of those guys who went canned tuner then went efi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.