Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I own several chevys but my newest one is a 2011 chevy duramax. I have been reading on cold air and exhaust for my LML. I love this truck. Yes it is my first diesel. There is mixed opinions on both. Not sure which one to get. I would like better mileage and power but i know one is a trade off for the other. Where can i get the best information for what i am looking for? I know members on this site have there choices. I am looking for proven information from members in what they used and what they gained or did not gain. I have had my 2011 since August of 2011 and have put miles on it stock. Any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome

If you want an intake I would prob use the S&B intake and filter, with the filter sock.

I use a MBRP exhaust on my truck, price is good and easy install.

There are a couple of large install threads in the 2011+ section with lots of good info. Look for the threads by Flyin6 and Armalite

There are lots of good guys to buy parts from here like Mrmanners

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm also a fan of S&B and MBRP products, both top quality materials, super easy installs and a good starting point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would you choose those over the Banks? Is there a reason? Is one better than the other? I am just curious. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome. and by by warrantee.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome fellow Texan. I like the MBRP exhaust as well. What part of Texas you from?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
947 Posts
Dry filter is preferred I still run the factory air box and filter though in mine

I think Banks stuff is over rated. I had a 04 Dodge with a Banks exhaust, it was fine, but nothing more special than the MBRP. My MBRP was ordered through a vendor here about 3 years ago. These guys can hook you up. I've put over 100k miles on the cheap aluminized MBRP with the muffler and had 0 issues. Stainless systems and black systems are pretty sweet too though

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Welcome to DF, Let me know if I can help you out with anything

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
more texas in this bish.

nothing wrong with banks products, but the majority of the banks products cost more than other brands with the same product (and quality)
I would personally get a flopro exhaust over an mbrp. they usually cost less and fit much better. i have had an mbrp, diamond eye, and flo pro and have installed several other brands on other trucks, and the flo pro's seem to be best IMO.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Dry filter. Oiled filters mess with MAF sensors. The stock intake flows more than enough for a stock truck. You won't see much in the mileage department plus the stock filter filters the best. If want an exhaust without doing away with warranty you can only go DPF back. A full straight pipe will require you to run a program from H&S, which right now due to the EPA are going close to about a grand.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome and congrats on you LML - 11' Duramax!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts