Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum... came here to research the good and the bad of a Duramax before I purchase... what to find out what to look for and what to stay away from..

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF! Lots of good info here

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Lb7s had injector issues(2001-2004)

the rest of the motors dont have any common issues.

Welcome to the DF.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^ LLY's are known for head gaskets, regretfully. However not as common as the lb7 injector issues. Just depends on the truck really.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I sold a lower mileage lb7 and bought a lbz with a few more miles just because I didn't want to have a bill for replacing the injectors. Welcome too!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
max on my price range is prolly somewhere in the 25K - 28K range.... seeing alot of 05's in the 20K range... But I heard rumors of head gasket and injector problems. I am a HUGE DIY kind of guy... So Head Gaskets or injectors would not be a problem... just would rather stay away from an engine with a known historical problem.

·
Registered
503 Posts
max on my price range is prolly somewhere in the 25K - 28K range.... seeing alot of 05's in the 20K range... But I heard rumors of head gasket and injector problems. I am a HUGE DIY kind of guy... So Head Gaskets or injectors would not be a problem... just would rather stay away from an engine with a known historical problem.

I'm a DIY guy to. But once you see the price of injectors you might change your mind.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a DIY guy to. But once you see the price of injectors you might change your mind.

well I figure if I am spending $20k on a truck I can afford to spend a lil more for new injectors if they are needed... how can you tell if they are needed? Is there generally a mileage limit on their life span?

How much are they? $1k???

·
Registered
503 Posts
well I figure if I am spending $20k on a truck I can afford to spend a lil more for new injectors if they are needed... how can you tell if they are needed? Is there generally a mileage limit on their life span?

How much are they? $1k???
I just looked at dmaxstore.com. They have a set of 8 genuine injectors for $1899. Or $255 each. I never realized they were that expensive until I joined this forum.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts