Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 CCSB LMM and am wondering if it should have a plug in block heater for this winter?? I live in central southern North Carolina. I have looked all over under the hood and cannot find one. If it does have it, where should it be?
Thanks for any help.
The book says around the passenger side battery but i cannot find it. Do i need one for this truck. Does not get really cold here but once in a while but I do go to mountains skiing some. Will I have any problems there if very cold??:help

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Its tucked up next to the block. Probably zip tied still if it has never been used. Can be a pain to get to the first time but they all have them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you see it from the top or go underneath? Is it there by the passenger side battery?
Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
The black power cord is bundled and tied up, either near the battery/inner fender, or closer to the engine and tied near the WIF sensor wire from the fuel filter...it's there, just hard to notice some times. Remove the air intake tube for easier viewing in that area.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have had my truck for maybe two months now. And finally found it a week ago. I even took it to a diesel place to see if they could find it for me and they couldn't. I ended up crawling underneath it on the passenger side with a flashlight and looking at the block. Once I found it on the block I followed it up as much as I could and then came around to the top side. Sure enough it was right there where everyone told me it was. The problem is the use a black cord and it is ziptyed to other black cords and wires. Don't give up......it's there....just use the force and you will find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts