Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just bought my first....'07 GMC K2500 LBZ w/ 29,000mi. Love it! A big move up from my '98 5.7. Been pokin around the forum the last couple of weeks and posted a question about mirrors since I will be towing a camper...the reason for the upgrade. Any advice on what to do, change, modify, etc? My brother is on here with his own '07 LBZ and been talkin with him but wanted to ask you all. Can anyone give me a shortcut to what postings are must reads and may have info on when to change filters/fluids for a truck that will be worked, egr plates, leveling kit ideas, and anything a first timer should know now before its too late. Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ya, read the stickies at the top of every subforum.
what he said ^^^

I may be kinda new to posting items because i just got my D-max but ive been on this website for a long long time. Just to read stuff, there is a great thing called search. Many have asked this same question before and i think there are 100s of threads relating to this same question. Not trying to sound mean or anything personal WarpathEngineering im just saying this for everyone because all the answers are already here on this website.

·
Vendor
10,966 Posts
Hello all,

Just bought my first....'07 GMC K2500 LBZ w/ 29,000mi. Love it! A big move up from my '98 5.7. Been pokin around the forum the last couple of weeks and posted a question about mirrors since I will be towing a camper...the reason for the upgrade. Any advice on what to do, change, modify, etc? My brother is on here with his own '07 LBZ and been talkin with him but wanted to ask you all. Can anyone give me a shortcut to what postings are must reads and may have info on when to change filters/fluids for a truck that will be worked, egr plates, leveling kit ideas, and anything a first timer should know now before its too late. Thanks ahead of time!
Welcome to DF. Congrats on your truck. If you would like a mx schedule setup for your truck, just let me know. We had a running thread on it a while back.

Take care,

·
Registered
589 Posts
go with synthetics on all your fluids, and go with amsoil ^^^

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what he said ^^^

I may be kinda new to posting items because i just got my D-max but ive been on this website for a long long time. Just to read stuff, there is a great thing called search. Many have asked this same question before and i think there are 100s of threads relating to this same question. Not trying to sound mean or anything personal WarpathEngineering im just saying this for everyone because all the answers are already here on this website.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Might be useful to remember that newbes like me may find the length and breath of information on this site overwhelming especially when the information is inter-woven within harmless but sometimes useless comments such as these. It may also be helpful to consider that some people may not have the computer time to dedicate to matching your skills in digging thru the sand to find the treasure. I would have expected someone who had been on this website for a long long time to have been more helpful and to point me in the right direction, offering up what wisdom you may have already found or passing me onto someone who would know instead of wasting mine and everyone elses time reading your post and for that matter, my response!

We all start out here as newbes asking the silly, stupid questions but as our teachers told us so many years ago...thats how we learn.

P.S. Thanks to everyone with a useful comment, I do appreciate it!

·
Registered
994 Posts
:Nothingtoadd

Yes I do... I lied......:welcome to the DF and congrats on the new ride !!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
welcome...make sure to read up on the PCV rerought and blocking the egr while its still low miles...then after fluids i would start looking for an exhaust and tuner to start out...FYI it will be the first step of MANNNY lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the DF! just ask questions and look around, most everyone on here will give you good advice and help you out. look at me i have 200 and something posts and i dont even have a dmax yet lol but i know a ass load more about them now and when i DO get one ill know everything about her! congrats on the new rig man and good luck! :drink

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!:drink:drink

1 - 11 of 11 Posts