Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time post I have a 01 GMC total stock looking to get the best milage possible what upgrades should I get and the best place to buy them. I only tow a Bassboat so It already has plenty of power
I would like an intake system that brings in clean air
thankyou
Phil

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
first off welcome to the forum..the best thing to do is a CAI(Cold Air Intake)from AFE,Volant,S&B or Banks and then a 4"(you can do the C/B=Cat Back but for best gains do the T/B=Turbo Back)409 or 304SS Exhaust from Silverline or MBRP along with a Diablo tuner or if you want the best go with the PPE standard tuner and on my trucks i gained an average of 3 to 4mpg over stock with that setup..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of going with the Banks complete system
doese anyone have any comments on these systems

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
to be honest with you i have only heard a few guys that where happy with the banks system and the ones that switch from the banks to other products are saying the banks is way over rated so for me i wouldn't even consider it,also i have a friend that bought a 07 classic LBZ and did the banks and blew the OEM computer and after the dealer ship replaced it twice they told him to try something else so instead of doing other tuning he bought a new 6.7L CTD..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts