Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have been looking at a few high mileage (200K+ miles) LB7's and am new to diesels and wanted to know what are typical life span of an Allison trans? What are some common problems and weak points? How much for a typical rebuild?

Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
In stock form and takin care of and not beat on a lot they can last a very long time. Some guys have over 400k miles some even more and still going. If it dose need to be build and you use one of the kits to hold extra power I think it's around 3000-4500.00 depending on what kit you get if you have someone build it etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
can anyone on here tell me the circulation route of the Allison transmission for instance it is marked on bottom trans line cooler ,so does it go to the bottom of rad come out top of rad to oem trans cooler out the other side of cooler and go back to trans to top line need to know the circulation route am putting a bigger cooler on with fan and senser need the cooler oil to return to trans and also have senser on the hot side for fan to kick in . Your help on this would be much appreciated .Thanks Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts